During the recent cold weather we have all suffered from cold hands and everybody should…
Winter bugs can cause havoc to the healthiest of us. Anyone with existing chronic conditions should take extra care because even a simple cold can suppress the immune system and, as we have seen with COVID-19, other dormant infections can be re-activated, potentially causing long-term problems.
How to fight winter infections
To combat these upper respiratory tract infections (URTIs), we advise a 7-day regime, addressing any acute viral infections and supporting your immune system.
The programme consists of:
- Vitamin A: Boosts immune function, counters viral effects. Enhances cell production and lymphocyte proliferation.
- Vitamin C: Essential for countering bacterial and viral diseases. Prevents and reduces
respiratory infections. Stimulates interferon production.
- Vitamin E: Potent antioxidant, modulates immune functions. Vital for T-cell differentiation.
- Vitamin B12: Immunomodulatory effects, facilitates antibody production. Reduces cytokines, increases lymphocytes.
- Folate: Essential for white blood cell production, aids allergy prevention.
- Vitamin D: Supports immune response. Deficiency linked to respiratory infections. Maintaining 25(OH)D serum concentration reduces viral infections.
- Flavonoids (quercetin, hesperetin, catechin): Found in apples, berries, citrus fruits and dark chocolate. Boosts various immune-related cells, exhibits anti-infective and anti-replicative activity. Good sources for flavonoids are apples, citrus fruits, and dark chocolate.
Take these supplements as packaging suggests or as directed by your healthcare professional.
For further information on our 7-day regime, please contact us to request more information.
Providing top quality supplements
Our online shop provides all the high quality supplements to help fight winter infections.
Below are some of the our best winter infection products. For a complete list of the recommended products, visit: supplements to help fight winter infections.